Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Aug 30- The last race before the big one

While I was supposed to do the Moose Mountain 16k, I decided it made way more sense from a recovery perspective to do something short and sweet. A few days before the race, I found the Calgary Women's race - a nice flat 5k starting in Shouldice which made a lot of sense seeing as it was the morning I was to leave for Italy and I still hadn't packed.
The race turned out to be ideal and gave me the confidence boost I was looking for. My 18:32 was a personal best by 22 seconds (I ran 18:54 at Mother's Day Race in May)... It was the first time I was ever able to keep Lisa Harvey in sight for more than the first 100m.
After awards it was a mad rush to pack and get to the airport on time. So many little details to organize with family, kindergarten for the kids, transportation, tying up loose ends at work... but as we boarded our flight my attention turned to racing and looking forward to the week ahead of tapering and enjoying a new country.

No comments:

Post a Comment